Welcome to CRES Technology Department
Tips for Chromebook Handling and Care
The Colts Neck Township Public School District has dramatically transformed teaching and learning by implementing a 1:1 initiative. Our school district provides students the tools to instantly access information and to become producers - rather than just consumers of - information. A successful technology initiative requires participation from students, parents and administration. For the continued success of our program, we encourage all students to use proper care for their district-issued device and its protective case.
Here are 5 required best practices for taking care of your district-issued device.
- Students in Grades 4-6 should always keep their Chromebook in their cases, even while using them, during the day.
- Students in Grades 7 and 8 should keep their Chromebooks in their cases while moving from class to class
- Charge your device every night!
- Logout and shutdown device regularly to receive any updates.
- Students should not carry or pick up their Chromebook by the screen. This causes damage and cracks to the screen.
Created by: The Colts Neck Township School District Technology Department
- Ruth Lawton, Technology Support Specialist
- Kim Horner, Technology Support Specialist
- Gayle Ostic, Technology Support Specialist